Use this toolkit to prepare your scholarship resume and find scholarships to apply for.
This toolkit will help you start your scholarship resume, which you can continue adding to throughout high school.
When starting your scholarship search, follow these tips:
- Identify and make a list of your strengths. Try using a personality type assessment on UtahFutures if you aren’t sure where to start.
- Figure out what kind of scholarship you want to look for: academic merit, musical or artistic talent, athletic, service, etc.
- The best to begin your search for scholarships is with the college(s) you plan to attend. See what scholarships your top choice colleges offer by check its financial aid website for more information.
- High school counseling centers are another excellent source for researching available scholarships. Check with your school counselor to see what scholarships they know of.
- Search the web. Try sites like:
- Once you have found applicable scholarships, apply for them as soon as possible.
- Some scholarships may require you to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), so be sure to complete it. Follow our tips on applying for the FAFSA.
- Beware of scholarship scams! Never, ever pay a fee to apply for scholarships.