New Century Scholarship Recipients
Students who qualify for the New Century Scholarship are required to renew the scholarship each semester.
Renewing the scholarship is done through your New Century Scholarship account. If you are a scholarship recipient from the graduating classes of 2012-2015 and have not set-up your account please contact us for specific instructions.
Please note, students who deferred their scholarship immediately after high school graduation will need to follow similar steps as if they were renewing, the only difference is that they will not need to submit proof of completing a previous semester since they have not actually attended college previously.
Rules of Renewing the Scholarship
The Renewal and Payment Request Instructions document contains step-by-step instructions on how to obtain the required documentation to renew your scholarship.
- Students must enroll in and complete 15 credit hours earning a 3.3 GPA each semester in order to maintain eligibility.
- Deadlines for renewing the scholarship and submitting a Leave of Absence request have changed. See below.
- Faxed or e-mailed documents are not accepted.
Deadlines For Renewal
All renewal documentation must be postmarked by the following dates:
- Fall semester – September 15
- Spring/Winter semester (for those attending BYU) – February 1
- Summer semester – June 1
Deadlines For Leave of Absence Requests
If you’re submitting a request for a Leave of Absence you must do so by the following deadlines:
- For Fall semester – August 1
- For Spring/Winter semester – January 15
2017-18 Award Information
Based on legislative funding, the award amounts for students attending college during the 2016-2017 college academic year Fall & Spring Semesters (Fall & Winter at BYU) is as follows:
- The award is $1,250 per semester. Students must renew their award every semester.
Funding levels beyond Spring Semester 2018 are unknown. Award levels are announced each April for the upcoming academic year and can be found on this website. Award amounts are determined annually and are subject to legislative funding and the total number of qualified participants. Award amounts may be reduced, may vary from year to year, and are dependent on when the recipient is enrolled in college.