New Century Scholarship Recipients
Students who qualify for the New Century Scholarship are required to renew the scholarship each semester.
Below are the rules for renewing the scholarship:
- The Instructions for Renewing the New Century Scholarship contains step-by step instructions on how to obtain the required documentation to renew your scholarship.
- Students must enroll in 15 credit hours & earn a 3.3 GPA for each semester in order to maintain eligibility.
- Deadlines for renewing the scholarship remain the same. If a student is submitting a request for a leave of absence, the deadlines have changed. (See Deferment Information and Leave of Absence Information)
- Faxed or emailed documents are not accepted.
All renewal documentation must be postmarked by the following dates:
- Fall semester – September 15
- Spring/Winter semester (for those attending BYU) – February 1
- Summer semester – June 1
If you’re submitting a request for a Leave of Absence, they are due:
- For Fall semester – August 1
- For Spring/Winter semester – January 15
2017-18 Award Information
Based on legislative funding, the award amounts for students attending college during the 2016-2017 college academic year Fall & Spring semesters (Fall & Winter at BYU) is as follows:
- The award is $1,250 per semester. Students must renew their award every semester.
Funding levels beyond Spring semester 2018 are unknown. Award levels are announced each April for the upcoming academic year and can be found on this website. Award amounts are determined annually and are subject to legislative funding and the total number of qualified participants. Award amounts may be reduced, may vary from year to year, and are dependent on when the recipient is enrolled in college.