Things to ask when scheduling your campus visit:
- Can I meet professors and students from the department I’m interested in while I’m visiting campus?
- Can I meet with an academic advisor to see what classes I’ll need to take for the major I want to study?
- Can I meet with a financial aid advisor during my visit to learn about ways to pay for college?
- If my parents only speak another language, can a translator be provided? Are tours offered in other languages?
Things to ask your campus tour guide:
- How do I apply for admission? When is the deadline and how much is the application? Do you offer application fee waivers?
- How many students attend school here? What’s the average class size? Are there multiple campuses and locations?
- Are there specific requirements to be accepted into your school? Do I need to have a certain GPA and ACT score? Are there certain classes I should be taking in high school?
- Do you have dorms or apartments for students? How much do they cost? Do you ever have to turn people away? Where do I find out about off-campus housing?
- What kind of student organizations, activities, and opportunities are there on campus? Where can I find out more about them?
- How do I apply for financial aid, and when are the deadlines?
- What scholarships are available, and when are the deadlines?
- Are there any college planning workshops or college fairs I can attend?
- How do I find a job on campus?