Help is available – Use it.
Creatively engaging and talking to students about higher education is key to keeping them on track and enthusiastic about their future. Use the downloadable resources below to help create a college-going culture at your school.
USBE Counselor Conference 2017 Resources:
- Presentation: “Math Pathways for College-Bound High School Seniors“
- Presentation: “CTE Certificates and How CE Gets Students Started“
- 17-18 Exploratory Majors Pathway
- 17-18 CE Math Placement Guidelines
- 2016-2017 USHE Institution Facts-at-a-Glance page
- College and Career Readiness Recommendations to High School Students
- Questions for student campus tours
- UACEP Presentation “The 3 QLs: Getting Students on the Right Math Pathway” (March 2017)
- UACEP Presentation “The ‘Getting Your Generals Out of the Way’ Myth and Other Fairytales” (March 2017)
This guide includes a wealth of information including admissions deadlines, financial aid contacts, tuition amounts, housing options, and much more. Encourage students to take a copy and refer to it as they continue on their path to college. And, of course, keep one on hand as you talk with them about post-secondary education options in Utah. View and Download
Download a FAFSA quick-guide, which helps explain which year’s FAFSA students should be filing.
Use videos from our YouTube channel to play in your classroom, school monitors, etc.
Radio and TV Spots
If technology allows, play radio spots over the intercom in the morning or while the students are changing classes. If you have a televised student news show, play the TV spots during the program. Make them a part of assemblies and presentations. TV Commercials, Radio Ads
Classroom Essay Prompts
Teachers can use these classroom essay prompts to encourage students to think about and discuss higher education. View and Download
Fortune Teller Sheets
This grade-school favorite is yet another opportunity for students to become more familiar with the types of degrees and careers available, while engaging with their friends. View and Download
Higher education is all about the individual. What are your students’ dreams? Have they given it any thought? Use these wall flyers as a display of all the unique aspirations of your students. View and Download
Download the file and use multiples to create a wall display. View and Download
Paying for College Events/FAFSA Open House events