Regents’ Scholarship Future Applicants (Grades 8-11)
Learn what you can do to prepare to apply for the Regents' Scholarship.
The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. To learn about the requirements and which classes to take review the information below.
- The Regents’ Scholarship Program Guide outlines the requirements for the scholarship for high school students graduating in 2019 or beyond, including the courses that will satisfy the scholarship requirements. A new guide is produced each April for the upcoming high school academic year. It is important to review the requirements annually. Do not rely on past scholarship information as it is out of date.
- Top three things to know about the changes to the scholarship program.
- Use the Regents’ Scholarship Course Warehouse to learn which classes to take in order to meet the scholarship requirements. Note: this is a new tool, many schools are still working on submitting classes to the warehouse. If you search for your school and there is no information provided, please click on “View Commonly Accepted Courses”.
- Use the Regents’ Scholarship Planning Guide to map out the classes you need to complete in order to qualify.
Application Information for the Class of 2019
- Students apply for the scholarship during their senior year through the Regents’ Scholarship Portal.
- The application will open November 15, 2018. The priority deadline is December 7, 2018. The final deadline is February 1, 2019.
- Additional details regarding the application process will be available when the application opens.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to read and understand the requirements of the scholarship. If you have questions regarding the requirements, please contact us directly. Please note, official information regarding the Regents’ Scholarship is produced by the Utah System of Higher Education or the Utah State Board of Regents. Do not rely on information published by any other entity.