Need money for college?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the key to obtaining federal financial aid to help you pay for college (grants, work-study, student loans). Many scholarships also require you to file a FAFSA.
Come to any of StepUp/UHEAA’s FAFSA Completion Open House events throughout Utah for free professional help filling out and submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
To complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), bring these to the event:
- Your Social Security card or Permanent Resident card
- Your parents’ Social Security cards (s) or Permanent Resident card(s)
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2 forms, and other records of money earned
- Your parents’ 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2 forms, and other records of money earned
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- Current business/investment information (students and parents)
- Your driver’s license