A residential campus of more than 9,000 students, Southern Utah University emphasizes project-based, experiential learning. Close to several national parks, SUU features Division-1 athletics, 140 undergraduate and 19 graduate programs with high acceptance rates to graduate school, and world-class job placement rates.
SUU is a wonderful campus, the professors are awesome and there are so many opportunities to get involved. There is always something going on and I am never bored.
Facts & Stats
- Steeped in history, Southern Utah University traces its roots to the dedication of its founders. In the late 1800s, SUU’s pioneers braved harsh winter storms to gather the needed lumber to construct the university’s first building, Old Main, which stands today as a legacy of fortitude, community triumph, and commitment to education.
- Located in the world’s best backyard, SUU is the University of the Parks thanks to its proximity to several outdoor recreational areas and its educational partnerships with the National Park Service.
- SUU’s exquisite grounds have been recognized for their unique beauty by the Arbor Day Foundation which designated the university as Tree Campus USA for its over 1,800 trees.
- In recognition of SUU’s dedication to excellence, Princeton Review has listed the university as one of its “Best of the West” for 11 years.
- SUU is dedicated to student success and has an 18:1 student to faculty ratio with an average student GPA of 3.46.
- With more than 140 undergraduate and 19 graduate programs across six academic colleges, SUU proudly offers world-class, project-based learning opportunities where students gain professional experience before entering the job market.
- Transforming General Education with SUU’s Jumpstart program, students earn all of their general education credits through an integrated curriculum.
- SUU has been awarded the Outstanding Experiential Education Program Award by engaging all students in high impact projects led by their personal passion and mentored by faculty.
Main Campus351 West University Blvd,
Cedar City, Utah 84720