Operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – BYU offers 177 undergraduate degree programs and 94 graduate programs. Our purpose is to develop students of faith, intellect, and character who have the skills and the desire to continue learning and to serve others throughout their lives.
I chose to come to BYU because I really felt that my time here would help me become a better person – in my education, my spirituality, and my life skills.
Facts & Stats
- 65% of BYU students speak a second language, with 126 languages spoken on campus. 92 different languages are available to be taught on the BYU campus.
- The Y on the mountain is 380 feet tall from top to bottom.
- BYU offers 177 undergraduate majors, 68 masters programs, and 26 doctoral programs.
- 182 study abroad programs are offered in 56 countries. About 17% of students will study abroad before graduating from BYU.
- S. News & World Report ranks BYU #4 nationally for “Graduates with the Least Debt.”
- The Princeton Review has ranked BYU as the #1 “Stone Cold Sober” university for 20 consecutive years.
- 20 million gallons of BYU ice cream have been consumed since 2007 – enough to fill 303 Olympic-size swimming pools.