By Erika Norton
If you’re reading this, you’re most likely interested in going to college, right? You’ve also probably heard that college can help you land your dream job and that people who graduate college make more money than those who don’t, right? So, how do you get to college? Many students like you may not know what they need to do to prepare for college. This is one reason why the Utah Scholars program, (or the Utah Scholars Initiative) was created. The Utah Scholars program was created to help students in high school take the right classes to get to college, keep their grades up, and help students be more prepared to qualify for scholarships. Read more about the Utah Scholars Initiative.
How will becoming a Utah Scholar help me?
If you sign up to become a Utah Scholar, you’ll:
- Feel better prepared and ready to take on college!
- Receive a monthly newsletter full of scholarships to apply for, college prep tips and tricks, and info that’ll motivate you to get to college.
- Become more focused on the classes you need to take in high school to prepare you for college. Also, check out the checklist for what you should be doing each year in high school to prepare for college.
- Be awarded a Utah Scholars certificate and medallion that you can wear at your high school graduation.
- Stand out on your scholarship applications and college admission applications as someone who worked really hard in high school. A lot of colleges in Utah also have an admission index score which uses your GPA and ACT scores to determine your admission index score. And depending on your score, you may qualify for more scholarships. See example.
So, how do I sign up?
Sign up online here.
Remember, when you sign up to become a Utah Scholar, you make a pledge to follow the Utah Scholars curriculum (below) and that you’ll maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. If you have any questions, call us at 801-321-7179 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
*Not all schools participate in this program. Check with your school counselor to see if your school participates.