The Regents’ Scholarship program materials have recently been updated. Below are the most important updates and reminders:
- Students apply to the scholarship during their senior year in high school. The application will open on November 15, 2016. The priority deadline is December 9, 2016, while the final deadline to apply is February 1, 2017.
- Changes to the rules of completing course work are reflected in the new program guide. Students no longer have to complete the entire course to meet the scholarship requirements. However, students are required to repeat the entire course to make up a low grade. (See Frequently Asked Questions for more details).
- Math reminders:
- Remember, Math 1, Math 2 and Math 3 are required for the scholarship. The minimum course sequence a student can take is Math 1, Math 2, Math 3 and Pre-Calculus.
- The program guide has a number of course sequences listed as examples of acceptable math classes.
- The program guide contains information regarding the pre-requisites established by the concurrent enrollment program for Math 1030, 1040 and 1050. Enrollment conditions include the completion of Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3 with a “C” average in each course and institutional placement test score requirements.
- The Board of Regents has modified the rules regarding the appeals process. See the Board of Regents agenda item for more information.
Special note for students who have received the Regents’ Scholarship and have remaining eligibility.
The deadlines to renew the scholarship have changed. Step-by-step instructions are provided in the “Instructions for Renewing the Exemplary Academic Achievement Award.” Students must renew the scholarship each semester by submitting all renewal documentation by the following dates:
- Fall semester – September 15
- Spring/Winter semester – February 1
- Summer semester – June 1
If a student is submitting a request for a Leave of Absence, it is due:
- Fall semester – August 1
- Spring/Winter semester – January 15
The submission of renewal documents can be done through the student’s Regents’ Scholarship student account. Students will be able to create their account as of May 16, 2016. Specific instructions on how to create their account will be mailed directly to students who have remaining eligibility.